Glee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All about Farming

2 posters

Go down

All about Farming Empty All about Farming

Post  Gatherhog Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:43 pm

HOW TO FARM PROPERLY

The following strategy can be used to gather free resources every day from cities that players have started, then abandoned.

Scroll the map out from my home city in a spiral, looking for cities that are still named "New City", have reputation below 5k or so, make a list of these with coordinates and send out spy teams to each. If they are still under new player protection, you will get an error message. It is a pretty good bet that any city not under protection with the requirements above will be abandoned.

Why bother you ask? Because many of these cities have Outskirts that were set up and are just sitting there making resources without being used. I have found some cities with no armies and rep at 100 or less that have resources in the 100k range.

When I find one of these cities, it goes on my list with the following information noted: City name, coordinates, ruler name, reputation. I also note when it was found, how many resources were there, and when I last invaded it.

Every few days, when things are slow, spy a few cities from my list and invade those who have at least 50k or so of resources available. Send out two or three legends separately with minimal troops (best halberdiers) to save on gold. It appears that each wave will steal a percentage (50%, 30%?) of the available resources, as each will come back with lesser amounts. You will regularly get 50k of each resource from a single city without losing a single soldier. This is a good use for that junior legend with low level and few troops.

Being a friendly neighbor, you can avoid attacking any city that shows a change in rep over time, as that means that someone is actively playing that city. Your method may vary, depending on your level of ruthlessness, but be warned that the weak victim you attack today may turn into a strong enemy with a bunch of alliance buddies tomorrow.

Last edited by Gatherhog on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gatherhog
Gatherhog

Back to top Go down

All about Farming Empty How not to get farmed

Post  Gatherhog Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:13 pm

HOW NOT TO GET FARMED AND HOW TO ACT IF YOU DO

I've noticed some of our members are repeatedly being invaded/occupied by other players (farming). There are some things you can do to prevent this from happening to you and/or to protect your resources if it does happen to you:

#1: Don't become resource fat. Make sure you log in and use your resources! If you go a few days without logging in your resources will begin to pile up and alert players will notice your rep is not going up. You may as well hang up a sign that says "Come harvest my crops!", because they will.

#2: Set your Defence Strategy. Make sure you have strategies set up for both Anti-Invade and Anti-Conquer. You will want to have Swordsmen and Charioteers designated for Defence, as they are much stronger than Archers and Charioteers for defense. Your primary attackers can be assigned defensive roles-they will defend if they are not on an attack. If you choose Ride-Out as your defensive strategy your troops will fight, if you choose Fortify they won't fight, but if there defensive strength is higher than the offensive strength of your farmer, your farmer will not get any of your stuff. You also will not lose any troops if you are on Fortify.

#3: The 1 Archer Trick. If your attacker is much larger than you, Fortify will not stop him and Ride-Out will only get your troops killed. What you can do is set 5 Legends up on Defence, each with 1 archer. Select Fill Up Automatically from your Parade Ground on each Legend. Set your Defence Strategy to Ride-Out. What will happen is you will fight every time your invaded-you will lose 5 archers each time, but inflict greater losses on your attacker. Your troops will then automatically replenish before the next attack. Your farmer will hopefully decide to look for a softer target.

#4: Make sure you keep "the good stuff". Most of the farmers out there are in search of food and wood. Set your warehouse(s) to protect only food and wood. Make sure as much food and wood are protected as possible. Protect copper and stone only if all food and wood are covered. If they don't get any of "the good stuff," they will probably try to invade someone that has it instead of you.

#5: Hide your resources in the market. If you are online and being attacked you can set some of your resources up for sale in the market. You will not really be selling it, only hiding it. Set duration for 1 hour, set for Alliance Only, and end the amount in 999. This is code for DO NOT BUY. Needless to say, if you see something for sale, Alliance Only, and the amount for sale ends in 999, DO NOT BUY!

#6: Send resources to your Sub-city. Another thing you can do if you are online when the attack occurs is use your stable to send some resources to your Sub-city (or your Main if your Sub-city is under attack). Send as much as you can to your Sub-city, when the attack is over you can recall your transports!

#7: Fated Wind: The Last Resort. If all else fails, your farmer is still harvesting you mercilessly after all you've done, you can always use a Fated Wind to teleport your city to a safer locale. We have a strong presence in the Ageless Desert. Watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail-the scene where Brave Sir Robin bravely runs away? Thats you!!

Original Post by Grandma Came aka Vorgstrum
Gatherhog
Gatherhog

Back to top Go down

All about Farming Empty Re: All about Farming

Post  nikicruise Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:24 pm

thanks for your sharing
i really like it
best wishes

Collect Cheap tv series dvd collection ,check it out, fine package and clear image
law and order dvd
Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-3 DVD Box Set

nikicruise
Admin

Back to top Go down

All about Farming Empty Re: All about Farming

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum